Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Is The Bull Market Over?

For those who have been investing in the Philippine stock market, you know by now that prices have gone down for the past 3 weeks after a “bull run.”




I have witnessed my stock portfolio go downwards from as high as 20% return last Sept to 11% as of yesterday.  My FGEN shares reached as high as 33% and now, it is only at 19% 

Did I panic?  Is it time to sell my shares? 

I definitely panicked while seeing my profits go slimmer and slimmer.  Thank God, I did not join the bandwagon and tried getting profits now.
 
Looking back, here are the factors that kept my sanity and pulled me back from selling my shares.


Since I am a member of The Truly Rich Club, I instantly received a Stocks Update on the week the prices have started to go down.  It reminded me that prices will likely to go down in the next few weeks. The market is going through a consolidation phase.


The most important lesson that I got from the seminar was to “manage my emotions.”  Always stick to my financial objective.


RSA’s latest market update just reiterated what Bo Sanchez and Citiseconline have been telling investors.  All of them are actually telling investors to keep on buying because stock prices are “on sale.”

Now is the time to take advantage of low prices before the bull run comes again by the end of the year. 

“Let us not wait for some fantastic news or when prices move up before getting involved and jumping in because as the veterans say when there is blood in the streets, that is the best time to buy and invest.” – RSA

“History repeats itself, people never learn. After being down and getting distracted with many issues for the past 2 weeks, market was up again 49.18 points yesterday and 146 points today (02 Dec 2010). Risk is not having invested and then market drops. True risk is when market flies and one looks at it as a mere spectator.” – Rex Mendoza



How about you?  How did you handle this "downward phase"?


2 comments:

  1. I like the way you write, very practical and comprehensive. I'll be sharing some of your articles on my fb page Pinoy Stock Market Investor so that our kababayan will have some ideas about where to invest their money. It's good to learn from other savvy-investors as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you very much for the compliment! Congratulations on your FB page as well. I just saw it and I super like it! :)

    No problem, you can post the articles anytime. It's free and for everyone's use. Like you, I love sharing financial wisdom to our kababayan.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete