Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Setting of Goals

I know we are already on the last quarter of the year but since I just started my blog on independent financial advice, I would like to share my goals.  



 
I started this practice 2 years ago as a personal reminder of what to aspire for in the coming year.  

My goals in 2009 were very different from my goals in 2010.  2009 was a year of "extravagance" while 2010 was the beginning of my financial wisdom. 

It's so funny looking back at the goals I wrote for 2009 because they were all about spending and shopping!  Don't get me wrong, I still spend and shop (I can't help it!) but I learned not to include them in my list. 

I actually wrote my 2010 goals very early - last Sept. 2009 (4 months before the year ended) so here they are:


GOALS FOR 2010!!!
GOALS
PLACE
TIMELINE
STATUS
1
Keep at least ____ in bank & various investements

Forever

2
Invest in mutual funds

ASAP

3
Invest in stocks - follow BO Sanchez's Investment Tips

ASAP

4
Invest in Government bonds/ RTBs - Dept of Treasury

ASAP

5
Invest in Treasury Bills

ASAP

6
Invest in Short Term for Emergenecy/ UITFs

10-Mar

7
Invest in real estate/ rental income

ASAP

8
START LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES! Keep my mind and my heart always open!  I can feel it!! This is my year of being an entrepreneur.

ASAP

9
Attend life-enriching seiminars

When the need arises

10
TITHE WITH LOVE!! - World Vision, Unicef, Kerygma Family, help relatives, etc

Monthly

11
Build my retirement fund

Forever

12
Save at least ____ monthly

Feb. 2010

13
Save up DP for house & lot

Jan. 2010

14
Spend on 70% of my monthly income

Jan. 2010

15
Invest in SELF - Continue to read books on investment, financial management…

ASAP

16
Start a blog to help people.  Target market: Women

Q4

17
Join a community. 

ASAP

18
Get a dose of daily refreshment - Read the BIBLE =)

ASAP

19
Do part-time in RSA (Philam, First Metro, Philequity)

ASAP

20
Be a successful ENTREPRENEUR & create WEALTH to bless the world!

ASAP



My goals are written in a very simple format which I can easily browse.  The ones highlighted in yellow are already achieved (and ongoing) while the rest are still "in process." 
The details and progress of each goal are also listed. It is so much fun documenting my own success and seeing the fruits of my financial harvest.
Why am I sharing this to you?  Just to prove that anyone can write their goals in any way they like.  If you seriously want to get out of your financial trap, then goal setting is the first thing you must do. 
Trust me, it really works. 
Many financial planning books will teach you how to do this if you cannot do it alone.   I suggest you keep it very simple then go to bigger goals once you have achieved the smaller ones. 

It also helps if you visualize as if the goal has been achieved.
So claim it!
2011 is fast approaching so start thinking of the goals you want to conquer next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment