Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Mutual Fundness - I'm in it For The Long Haul

Among all investment products, I am deeply, madly, passionately in love with mutual funds.  

In fact, I invested 50% of my hard-earned money in mutual funds.  

Prior to this, my money was placed in a bank through time deposit.  The highest interest I got from time deposit was 3.3% net and I was already very pleased.  I had this confident assurance before that my money won’t vanish into thin air since it was insured.  I was happy and content……But then, my financial wisdom increased and mutual funds was my very first investment.

“I’m in it for the Long Haul” – Like my stock investment, my mutual fund investment is long-term.  No, I will not wait in terms of  target prices but in terms of years. 

Based on my financial planner training, my mutual fund investment is my retirement fund.  In that way, I do not have to depend on my SSS pension or my employment retirement because I already started investing for my future.  

Besides, gone are the days when companies took care of their employees up to retirement.

I hope that you will also find your own vehicle for your retirement fund.  Do not delay. Now is the time!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment